Governance: Clear Objectives + a Culture of Security
Do your information security efforts start with well-defined objectives, consistent policies, and company-wide awareness? SDS will help you map out safer practices to identify and minimize risk, and comply with industry regulations.
Whether you’re starting a new governance program or looking to mature your current one, SDS will partner with you to establish a strong and successful “culture of security” in your organization. Planned governance will help you avoid arbitrary goals, uninformed decisions, political turf battles, and wasted resources from conflicting efforts and confused employees.
Planned Governance Includes:
- Consistent policies that have proper alignment to controls
- Increased communication to employees company-wide
- Convenience through automated workflows for up-to-date information
- Clear and accountable criteria for making risk-based decisions
- Well-defined compliance objectives
- Established expectations for monitoring and assessing compliance
SDS offers a range of governance services, developing solutions within a range of core options, or tailoring a program to your needs. Many programs include:
An SDS risk management engagement usually consists of:
- Review current workflow process and risk management forms e.g., Exception Management
- Configure and implement risk intake forms (e.g., SOX, HIPAA)
- Configure workflow to align with current Risk Treatment and Acceptance Criteria
- Configuration of risk notification rules
- Validation of alignment to Risk Treatment process
- Customized reporting implementation to meet business objectives
An SDS compliance management helps to:
- Populate policies, standards, and controls in GRC Platform
- Perform mapping and gap assessment between policies and regulations such as HIPAA, PCI DSS, IT SOX Controls, and ISO 27002
- Configure reports that describe key business metrics related to current security policies
- Build assessment to determine alignment with identified set of controls
An SDS Incident Management engagement includes:
- Review workflow and incident management forms and then automate into the GRC solution as incident management intake forms
- Configure automated incident workflow and notification rules
- Conduct an incident management pilot to check alignment with business goals and compliance requirements
- Develop customized reporting to track and monitor incident management activities
SDS is pleased to perform these engagements individually, or together as a comprehensive, integrated program. We also offer to act as your outsourced virtual security team, giving you a best-practice information security governance program without the overhead.
Request an information security governance conversation with SDS today. Or ask for your free MAPP Guide.